For all information requests, please contact Sylvie Baudine.
Address of the Crypto Group
Place du Levant, 3
Louvain-la-Neuve is not Leuven (Louvain)
Louvain-la-Neuve is not the same city as Leuven (in Dutch, «Louvain» in French).
A bit of history should make this clear. The University split along language lines as a result of political turmoil in the late 1960's. The Dutch speaking university "Katholieke Universiteit Leuven" (KULeuven) stayed in Leuven (Louvain) in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium. The French speaking university "Université Catholique de Louvain" (UCL) founded a new city Louvain-la-Neuve (which can be translated in english by Louvain-"the-New") in the French speaking part of Belgium.
So, when you want to come to UCL Crypto Group, you must go to Louvain-la-Neuve, not to Leuven (Louvain). If you do not pay attention to this fact, you may arrive in Leuven (Louvain).
How to get to Louvain-la-Neuve by car
- take the E411 motorway towards Namur, Luxembourg
- take the E411 motorway towards Brussels
- take exit 8a marked « Louvain-la-Neuve centre »
- at the roundabout, take the third exit to « Louvain-la-Neuve Sud »
- at the next roundabout, take the first exit to Boulevard Baudouin Ier
- take the first street on your right (Avenue George Lemaître)
- the Maxwell building is the first one on your left; the first parking on the right is free. We strongly recommend to use it. (See « Parking Rédimé », on the map available here)
How to get to Louvain-la-Neuve by train
From one of the railway stations:
- Ask for a ticket to « Louvain-la-Neuve-University » and take the Brussels Ottignies-Namur-Luxembourg line (trains every half hour).
- For a precise schedule, you can consult the NMBS-SNCB website (the name of the railway station is Louvain-la-Neuve). If you arrive in Belgium by an international train (Eurostar, Thalys, etc.), the railway station in Brussels is Bruxelles-Midi.
How to get to Louvain-la-Neuve by plane
Fly to Brussels National Airport (Zaventem):
- The National Tourist Information Office, situated in the luggage hall of the airport, can help you and provide useful information on how to reach Louvain-la-Neuve.The office is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- From the airport, you can take the train to go to Louvain-la-Neuve. It takes about one hour (departure every 30 minutes). For a precise schedule, you can consult the NMBS-SNCB website (the name of the railway stations are Bruxelles-Airport and Louvain-la-Neuve).
- A taxi from the airport to Louvain-la-Neuve costs approximately 60 €.
- Brussels Airport