The following students must absolutely follow the online application procedure
1. All students holding a non-Belgian diploma
2. All students from outside European Union
(even if they hold a Belgian diploma) if they register for the first time at UCL.
Other cases: see our Webpage "Register at UCL”
Special admission conditions to the bachelor programmes:
Students from outside EU and who are not assimilated to Belgian students must fill special admission conditions to access a bachelor programme. These 3 conditions are:
- to be less than 25 years old
- not to hold a first cycle diploma (for example, a bachelor)
- to have obtained an average mark of minimum 13/20 to their secondary school diploma or, if not, to have succeeded one year of studies in Belgium (for example a preparatory year to the bachelor in engineering).
PLEASE NOTE : Students who want to apply for a bachelor programme in physiotherapy and rehabilitation, in veterinary medicine, in psychology and education, speech and language therapy, in medicine or in dental sciences must follow a special enrolment procedure (fr). They don't have to fill in an online application form.
The 7 steps of the procedure
1. You choose in the Study programme the programme you want to apply for and you check if you fill the admission conditions. You check if you can afford the tuition fees.
2. You fill in as precisely as possible one of the two online application forms below.
3. You receive from us an email in which we ask you to send by post a list of documents.
4. You collect the documents and you send them, within the month, by post to the person responsible of your dossier (name and address are in the email you have received).
5. This person sends you an email to confirm that he/she has received the documents. If necessary, he/she asks you to complete your dossier.
6. Your request for admission is analysed (this can take several weeks).
7. The person in charge of your dossier announces the decision of the University:
- If your request is accepted, you receive an email that announces the decision, and you receive by mail a document called "Autorisation d'inscription" that you can use, if necessary, to ask a visa.
- If your request is not accepted, you receive an email that announces the decision.
Admission request planning
- April 30st : latest date to fill in an online application form if you are not a National of the European Union and you are not living in Belgium.
- August 31st : latest date to fill in an online application form if you are a National of the European Union and you are not living in Belgium.
- September 15st : latest date to fill in an online application form if you already live in Belgium.
- Please note: This planning does not apply to the doctoral training. You can indeed apply for doctoral training at any moment during the Academic Year.
Online Application forms
1st and 2nd cycle
--> Online application form for students applying for a bachelor, master, advanced master or a teacher training programme.
3rd cycle (PhD)
PhD candidates, before applying, please read our webpages "What you need to know before starting a PhD".
--> Online application form for a PhD programme (3rd cycle). Please note: before applying for a PhD, the candidate has to find a thesis supervisor.