UCL has put into place specific measures to organize your accommodation and pedagogical assistance, more specifically:
- implementing oral and written means of communication (note-takers, voluntary readers, library research)
- the adaptation of didactic equipment (in the lecture-hall or in the laboratory)
- personalized access to certain computer rooms
- encouraging exchange between students (student representatives, etc.)
- special assistance to teachers in charge of classes for the students concerned
- researching all the possibilities of adapting the student regulations (for instance the possibility of spreading out studies over several years, etc.)
The people in charge of pedagogical accompaniment follow up the training of the students.
Their role is to aid the student in a number of tasks, such as the planning of their work, explaining aspects of the course, reading and interpreting certain study materials, library research, helping them to write term-papers.
The main aim of the pedagogical coordinator is to train the accompanying staff and to provide regular follow-up. He or she is also available to the students, throughout their studies, for issues linked to their academic career.