The Université catholique de Louvain is looking for a full-time specialist in
The successful candidate will conduct research in the field of Marketing, within the Center on Consumers and Marketing Strategy (CCMS) of the Louvain School of Management Institute.
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the above-mentioned field within the various degree programmes organised by the Louvain School of Management (LSM).
He/she will deliver teaching assignments within both undergraduate programs and master programs, mainly on the Mons campus and on the Louvain-la-Neuve campus as well.
The candidate will have a strong interest in quantitative methods in marketing, modeling, and strategic marketing.
Further information :
Prof. Alain Vas - email@example.com - Tél +32 10 47 83 01 ou 00
Vacancy Reference : 461 / LSM Mons / 2012 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
Secteur Sciences humaines (SSH)
Louvain School of Management – site de Mons (LSML)
Louvain School of Management Research Institute (ILSM)
How to apply ? Application's Requirements
Tasks : The applicant will
- be responsible for teaching courses at all the study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- supervise the final diploma work (i.e. master thesis) of undergraduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications : the applicant must have
- a PhD degree in Management Science or in Economics and Management, or equivalent qualifications;
- a significant scientific record proven by international publications ;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or had substantial experience outside UCL;
- experience in and aptitude for teaching at university level ;
- the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings in their courses;
- creativity and must be open to pedagogic innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team ;
- a good knowledge of both spoken and written French. If this is not the case, the applicant should be willing to learn French within 2 years. Fluency in English and other languages is an additional advantage;
- the capacity to teach in French and in a second language.