Position: F.R.S.-FNRS Postdoctoral Researcher
Office: Carnoy building, room c.179
My project within the team aims to test the link between the different phases of occupation of a habitat (colonization, expansion, maturation, senescence and extinction) and genetic of subpopulations in four species of butterflies whose history of occupation of fragmented habitat is known (Lycaena helle, Boloria eunomia, Brenthis ino and Clossiana selene). These studies provide insight into the formation of spatial genetic structures by identifying the ecological and evolutionary factors responsible for the geographic distribution of natural populations.
2000: MSc in Biology, Université François Rabelais de Tours (France)
2003: Postgraduate qualification in Biology (DEA), Université François Rabelais de Tours (France)
December 2008 : PhD in Evolutionary Ecology, University of Jyväskylä (Finland)
January-December 2009 : Postdoc, University of Jyväskylä (Finland)
January2010- August 2011 : Postdoc, University of Aberdeen (UK)
- Soulsbury C.D., Alatalo R.V., Lebigre C. & Siitari H. (in press) Age-specific inbreeding and random mating in female black grouse (Tetrao tetrix). Animal Behaviour.
- Lebigre C., Alatalo R.V., Kilpimaa J.K., Staszewski V. & Siitari H. (in press) Leukocyte counts variations and measures of male fitness in the lekking black grouse (Tetrao tetrix). Journal of Ornithology.
- Soulsbury C.D., Alatalo R.V., Lebigre C., Rokka K. & Siitari H. (in press) Increased inbreeding risks and offspring fitness costs in older female grouse. Biology Letters.
- Lebigre C., Alatalo R.V., Siitari H. (2010) Female-biased dispersal alone can reduce the occurrence of inbreeding in black grouse. Molecular Ecology, 19, 1929-1939.
- Lebigre C., Alatalo R.V., Forss H.E. & Siitari H. (2008) Low levels of relatedness on black grouse leks despite male philopatry. Molecular Ecology, 17, 4512-4521.
- Lebigre C. (2008) Mating behaviour of the black grouse: genetic characteristics and physiological consequences. Jyväskylä Studies of Biological and Environmental Sciences, 196. University of Jyväskylä (ISBN: 978-951-39-3416-2).
- Lebigre C., Alatalo R.V., Siitari H. & Parri S. (2007) Restrictive mating by females on black grouse leks. Molecular Ecology, 16, 4380-4389