The R&D interface
aims to promote and facilitate academic collaboration between UCL and outside partners, companies, research centers and other bodies as well as helping to publicise research results.
- Informing companies and other R&D bodies which are involved with opportunities for technological innovation and promoting scientific research. Identifying academic partners.
- Promoting competences of the UCL laboratories as part of national and international technological partnerships. Looking for industry partners.
- Promoting technology transfers to benefit the regional industrial base. Supervision of collaborative work between research laboratories and companies. Support of research and development project promoters.
The R&D interface sets out to inform companies about new scientific developments that have taken place in UCL’s laboratories and associated research centres. A series of steps and tools are put in place:
- Technical seminars (‘Les rendez-vous de l’innovation’) are organised.
- Visits to laboratories are arranged.
- Technology platforms are hosted.
- Participation in regional and international events: business forums, exchange grants, technological missions.
- Information on research projects, available specialist equipment, consultancy possibilities, opportunities for a technological transfer.
- Supporting laboratories in their industry-focused R&D procedures.
- Setting up industrial and academic partnerships.
- Supporting collaborative work, selecting funding opportunities, technological guidance, managing intellectual property and mounting projects.