Student must hold a first level university degree.
2° Provide proof of a sufficient level in French (B1 of the European Framework of Reference ).
3° Student must have developed the following skills in his previous training :
- complete grasp of the written and oral practices of the French language;
- complete passive and active grasp of a Romance language;
- literary and linguistic analytical skills;
- knowledge of the history of French literature and literature in one Romance language;
- Knowledge of literary theory and criticism;
- knowledge of Latin language and literature;
at the end of the 1st level programme, including at least the following 96 specific credits :
- Méthodologie des études françaises et romanes (7 credits);
- Histoire littéraire (française et romane) et littérature comparée (23 credits);
- Analyse littéraire et explication de textes (18 credits);
- Littérature belge (3 credits);
- Grammaire et linguistique diachronique et synchronique (français et langues romanes) (21 credits);
- Langues et littératures latines (8 credits);
- Étude et pratique d’une langue romane (16 credits).
The 30 credits of the
Minor in French Studies [30.0]
satisfy these requriements.
Courses not taken will be added to the masters programme (without exceeding a total of 15 credits).
If the total number of prerequisites exceeds 15 credits, access to the master is subject to the student passing an
Preparatory Year for Master in French and Romance Languages and Literatures: General [60.0]
the programme of which is established on the basis of the student's file.
Course equivalences are submitted for approval to the chairman of the jury, the secretary of the jury and the academic faculty secretary.
Adults taking up their university training
Reminder : all Masters (apart from Advanced Masters) are also accessible on file.
Admission and Enrolment Procedures for general registration
See the general admission requirements