Student must hold a first level university degree.
2° Provide proof of a sufficient level in French (B1 of the European Framework of Reference )
3° Student must have developed the following skills in his previous training:
- complete grasp of the written and oral practices of the French language;
- literary and linguistic analytical skills;
- knowledge about the history of French literature and Francophone literature;
at the end of a 1st level programme including at least 30 credits in general training and the following specific 61 credits:
- Histoire de la littérature française (12 credits);
- Littérature comparée (8 credits);
- Analyse littéraire et explication de textes (18 credits);
- Littérature belge (3 credits);
- Grammaire et linguistique synchronique du français et pratique du français (20 credits).
If student does not have sufficient training in one or several of these subjects, prerequisites will be added to the masters programme (maximum 15 credits).
If the total number of prerequisites exceeds 15 credits, access to the master is subject to the student passing the Année d'études préparatoire au master en langues et littératures françaises et romanes (toutes orientations) [60.0] (preparatory year of study) the programme of which is established based on the student's file.
Course equivalences are submitted for approval to the chairman of the jury, the secretary of the jury and the academic faculty secretary.
Adults taking up their university training
Reminder : all Masters (apart from Advanced Masters) are also accessible on file.
Admission and Enrolment Procedures for general registration
See the general admission requirements