Students can profit from the Chair in numerous ways:
- Interactive, high quality teaching force with international exposure and direct access to best practices.
- Direct access to firms providing challenging jobs in an international environment.
- Attractive Master thesis topics and internships.
- Multidisciplinary focus enriches the learning experience
Researchers will enjoy the Chair by:
- Meeting other researchers in the strategic sourcing and procurement devoted to the field with unique ideas, mature research skills and access to data.
- Finding partners for international research collaborations and projects.
- Finding a place to have a short- or long-term research stay in the heart of Europe at an inspiring university.
Firms may benefit from the Chair in the following ways:
- Access to highly qualified graduates with an unique university training in strategic sourcing and procurement from LSM.
- Access to state of the art methods and tools in strategic sourcing and procurement through workshops and conferences.
- Access to relevant research for implementation in firms.
- Access to a unique international network.
We hope you get excited in joining the chair‘s activities and advancing the strategic sourcing and procurement profession and body of knowledge! We are looking forward to your participation.
All work pursued at the chair is on generating new knowledge. Therefore the chair tries to cover each of the three steps of the knowledge cycle equally, Innovation, Education and Implementation.
To achieve synergies and impact the work of the Chair is based on the following three main activity pillars. Important for the success is the interconnection of these fields. For example, students will benefits from training methods and contents also used in executive education and practitioners will benefit from the integration of newest research findings in teaching etc.
The Knowledge Circle is based on interconnectedness of these fields of activity: