The Université catholique de Louvain is looking for a full time (100%) specialist in
The successful candidate will carry out research in experimental physics, in the field of time-resolved multiphotonic interactions. Particular interest will be paid to the real-time investigation of dynamics of electron clouds in quantum systems such as atoms, molecules and clusters, et more generally, to the study of ultrashort pulses with systems of increasing complexity. Potential applications in physics, chemistry and biology will be emphasized to promote networking within the Institute of Condensed Matter and Nanosciences, and more generally, with the other research institutes of the “Secteur des Sciences et Technologies”.
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the School of Physics for general courses and courses of the Master Light-Atoms-Molecules.
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the above-mentioned field within the various degree programmes organised by the Faculty.
Further information :
Prof. Jan Govaerts, Dean SC – firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel : +32(0)10 47 90 28 or secretary : +32(0)10 47 86 79
Prof. Michel Devillers – email@example.com - Tel : +32(0)10 47 44 76 or secretary : +32(0)10 47 40 45
Vacancy reference : 3111 / SC 040 / IMCN / 2013 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
Sector : Science and Technology (SST)
Faculty : Faculty of Science (SC)
Institute : Institute of Condensed Matter and Nanosciences (IMCN)
How to apply ?
Composition of the application file
Tasks : The applicant will :
- be responsible for teaching courses at the three study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- supervise the final diploma work (i.e. master thesis) of undergraduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications : The applicant will have :
- a PhD degree in science (physics), or equivalent qualifications;
- a significant scientific record proved by international publications;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or had substantial experience outside UCL;
- experience in and aptitude for teaching at university level;
- the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings in their courses;
- creativity and must be open to pedagogic innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team ;
- a good knowledge of both spoken and written French and English. If this is not the case, the applicant should accept to learn French and/or English in order to be able to teach in French and English within 2 years. Fluency in other languages is an additional advantage.