UCL is an international university at the heart of Europe. Its headquarters are located in Louvain-la-Neuve, a new university town in the Walloon Region (the French-speaking part of Belgium), 30 km south of the Belgian and European capital: Brussels.
The university is located on six campuses
- Except medicine and architecture, all faculties are located in Louvain-la-Neuve (commune of Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve).
- The Faculty of Medicine is located in Bruxelles Woluwe (commune of Woluwe-Saint-Lambert) near the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc.
- The two Higher Institute of Architecture Saint-Luc, who joined UCL in 2010 are located in Brussels Saint-Gilles and in Tournai (near the French boarder).
- At the start of the Academic year 2011-2012, the Facultés universitaires catholiques de Mons join UCL. A fifth site will than be located in Mons.
- UCL also has a site in Charleroi (in the Maison Georges Lemaître ant the Institut Saint-André).