The Research Department carries out the following tasks:
Support for research
• Attending meetings of the Research Board and acting as secretariat to the Board.
• Assisting in dossier review.
• Coordinating the academic and administrative management of PhD studies and supporting the graduate colleges and graduate schools.
• Managing research-related databases (research inventory, publications, database of awards, electronic catalogue of theses).
• Managing researcher mobility (EURAXESS programme)
• Collecting and distributing information on sources of research funding.
• Contacts with funding providers.
• Helping thesis supervisors put together funding applications.
• Contacts with companies.
• Disseminating information about UCL’s scientific potential (brochures, leaflets, etc.).
Contracts, legal support, protection of intellectual property
• Help in drawing up research contracts and consortium agreements (review, analysis and legal and financial advice).
• Information about procedures applicable at UCL.
• Assisting the Promotion Committee and the Patent Management Committee.
Service to society
• Help in technology transfer and the promotion of knowledge via the LTTO.
• Identifying potential partnerships between UCL and businesses, and looking for funding to develop them.
• Contributing to the economic development of the Walloon and Brussels-Capital Regions.
• Taking part in regional and interregional initiatives.
Place de l’Université,1
Director : Anne Bovy
Telephone: 010/47 24 98
Fax: 010/47/ 48 30