English communication skills for Engineers [ LANGL1873 ]
2.0 crédits ECTS
<<< Page précédente
Pham Adrien ;
Byrne Timothy ;
Peters Charlotte ;
Adrioueche Ahmed (coordinator) ;
of the course
To reach these objectives, teaching activities will focus on the following topics:
- taking part in and chairing a meeting, debating, negotiating etc
- presenting and defending a project: presentation skills, facts and figures,
- giving/receiving a phone call
- making questions and giving instructions
- writing a CV and cover letter,
By the end of this module the student will be able to express him/herself in English on general topics and their professional fields.
At the end of the term, the student should have acquired oral skills corresponding to the B1-B2 level of « the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ».
- communication strategies
- presentation techniques
- vocabulary acquisition and grammar consolidation
- Interactive communication through classroom activities: role-plays, debates, ...
- Exposure to a variety of real-life situations (scientific presentation, reports, CV and cover letter, job interviews) requiring specific language functions.
- Consolidation and improvement of grammar use, vocabulary accuracy as well as pronunciation.
- Regular feedback on the students - oral production.
The ANGL 1871-1872 courses or any other equivalent courses.
(Reading skills roughly corresponding to Level C1 (lower) of « the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages » and listening skills corresponding to Level B2 (lower).)
- Continuous assessment: 20%
- Scientific presentation: 15%
- Regular tests : 15%
- Oral exam: 50%
- Course notes,
- Self-tuition material (Common lexical and grammar mistakes)
- Teachers - reception hours.
- Personalized help with language problems at the self-tuition centre of the Institut des Langues Vivantes (ILV).
- Personalized help with language problems at the multimedia room of the Institut des Langues Vivantes (ILV).
|Cycle and year
> Troisième année de bachelier en sciences de l'ingénieur, orientation ingénieur civil architecte
> Troisième année de bachelier en sciences de l'ingénieur, orientation ingénieur civil
|Faculty or entity