The historical and cultural basis of the European integration [ LEUSL2701 ]
5.0 crédits ECTS
<<< Page précédente
Deschamps Etienne ;
Duchenne Geneviève ;
of the course
- The roots of the European Identity (from the Ancient Times to 1914).
- The rise of the European Consciousness (1914-1945).
- The first steps of the European Construction (1945-1957).
- The crises of the sixties.
- From The Hague Summit (1969) to the European Single Act: Deepening throughout the economic and budgetary crises.
- From the European Single Act to Nice Treaty: Deepening / Enlargement issue.
This course aims at providing food for thought on the European Construction process - a recent process on the history time scale but undoubtedly rooted in a much older past.
Therefore, this course will not only consider the European idea on the long term, but it will also focus on:
1. the different steps of the European Construction (crises, progress, deepening and enlargements,
2. the role played by the stakeholders (the founding fathers of the European Union) and the institutions;
3. the cultural dimension.
This course will be divided into 4 parts. The first one will be devoted to the cultural dimension of the European Idea (from the Ancient Times to 1914); the second will put the emphases on the first European projects and the first steps of the European Construction (from the interwar period to 1947); the third will take into account the sixties; and the last will focus on the progress made from the first enlargement to the EU 27.
Period: 1st semester.
Evaluation: written or oral examination.
References: to be determined by the professor in charge.
|Faculty or entity