- This technology platform has been created to gather the techniques used for characterising the surface of materials and bio-materials.
XPS-ESCA and ToF-SIMS+AES constitute the nucleus of this platform.
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS-ESCA)
- Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (ToF-SIMS + AES)
- Research teams developing an expertise in these surface characterisation spectroscopies:
• Bio and Soft Matter – Surfaces (BSMA – SURF)
which focuses on the tailoring and characterisation of organic and biological
• Molecules, Solids and Reactivity (MOST)
- Catalysis and Chemistry of divided materials
which focuses on preparation, characterisation and optimization of inorganic solids
as heterogeneous catalysts
- Chemistry of inorganic and organic materials
which focuses on coordination and organometallic chemistry applied to
heterogeneous catalysis and materials science
- Some other surface characterisation techniques are also accessible at IMCN: